Old 19-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Brian

Default Blackcurrants with legs.

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains these

words:

Gooseberries are never grafted as they strike so well from

cuttings.

Good. Another Urgler sent me four Worcesterberry cuttings, and I have
high hopes for them: I have kept them well watered and shielded them
from direct sun a bit earlier in the year, and while one lost its leaves
almost immediately, followed three weeks later by the second, the other
two still have most of them, and the stem and buds of all four look
healthy.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Take care! Loss of leaves is a 'growing' process. It takes growth to
make leaves fall. Leaves on a dead branch might rot but they don't fall. The
earliest to have lost leaves might be the most viable.
Best Wishes Brian.