Old 20-10-2005, 03:39 AM
WaltA

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:28:37 +0100, "Charlie Brown" wrote:
Thanks guys for everything. A chain saw is not for me. If it weren't for
you, people like me could do themselves serious injury,

I am amazed at some of the doom-mongers and nay-sayers that have
posted replies.
If you look at the mechanisms side by side and cannot work out the
mode of operation of the two devices and their appropriate
applications then I agree with you that a chain saw is not for you.

I am amazed
retailers are allowed to sell these things to just anybody.

Oh dear, yet another embryo EU ban in the making, to deny to competent
people those things which may decapitate incompetent people !
I hope you are not contemplating a career in politics ?!
Just look what they did to shredders ,,,

I bought my first chain saw (a small Danarm) in about 1970
I currently use a rather larger Stihl.
I am still here ! I have never injured myself (nor anyone else for
that matter !!) with them.
I am self taught.
I treat them with respect, but I dont fall over in a quivering heap at
the sight of one, like some of the other posters hereabouts.

I use (have used) them on anything from 1in. to 2ft. diameter, 2 to
80 ft. high.
I don't use them on anything that could, if I make a mistake, fall on
anyone else's property or personage. It can upset them !