Old 20-10-2005, 04:26 AM
WaltA

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

On 19 Oct 2005 20:54:23 GMT,Nick Maclaren wrote:
Be sure to buy a few spare legs, the odd spare arm and a spare neck
or two.

Rubbish, pandering to legislators, do-gooders and cotton wool
manufacts.. !

Plus the odd gallon of blood.

Sell it to H. F-W to make TV programmes about blackpuddings.

It is AMAZING what you can
cut through with a chainsaw.

It is AMAZING what the incompetent can do with allsorsafings,
including zippers on trousers

Alternatively, you could go to an agricultural merchant or GOOD
garden centre, and buy some hand tools (shears, a billhook and/or
machete, a sickle (not a grass hook), a hand axe

Mon dieu, u canna be serious ! u can remove a finger, or hand , with
one of they ! (Or, if ingenious some other part of one's anatomy)

some secateurs
and some loppers). Then drop in at the off-licence and stock up
on beer.

Sounds a good plan to me
Except that I frequently lose my secateurs in the undergrowth, so I
suggest the local cheapshop/allsorts for about £1.99, some of them are
good, compared to £15 or more for a named brand secateur.

It's all a matter of taste, really.

Or Darwinian evolution :-?)

Actually, in danger of destroying my own reputation for omnipotence,,,
I have drawn more blood with secateurs than with chain saws !
It all comes down(I think) to respect, chain saws command serriuss
reespekt, secateurs are used casually, often.