Old 20-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Cicero

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

"Charlie Brown" wrote in message
Hi

I have just started my 2 weeks holiday and I need to clear my garden of 10
years worth of neglect (we have just moved in). To make matters worse, I
just cut through the cable of the hedge trimmer. I went to buy a petrol
driven type but they didn't have one - the guy said he had plenty of chain
saws. Question! what is the difference (apart from the obvious) between
using a chain saw and a trimmer for doing the same type of work i.e.
cropping back bushes and scrub etc? - will a chain saw TRIM a hedge?
I would appreciate a quick reply so that I can buy one tomorrow and save

me
a few days of my holiday!!

thanks in advance

Charlie

I found a reciprocating saw very useful when clearing a seriously overgrown
garden. You can buy one for about £30-00 and it's much less dangerous than a
chainsaw.

Despite the 'gung-ho' attitude of some posters towards chainsaws they can be
very dangerous and they do need to be used with great care even by
experienced users.

Cic.