Old 20-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Rick

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:46:54 +0100, "Charlie Brown" wrote:

Hi

I have just started my 2 weeks holiday and I need to clear my garden of 10
years worth of neglect (we have just moved in). To make matters worse, I
just cut through the cable of the hedge trimmer. I went to buy a petrol
driven type but they didn't have one - the guy said he had plenty of chain
saws. Question! what is the difference (apart from the obvious) between
using a chain saw and a trimmer for doing the same type of work i.e.
cropping back bushes and scrub etc? - will a chain saw TRIM a hedge?
I would appreciate a quick reply so that I can buy one tomorrow and save me
a few days of my holiday!!

thanks in advance

Charlie

I have just bought one of these..
http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/...op/product.htm

It's great for all sorts of things, including, cutting long grass, and tall hedges

Rick...