Old 20-10-2005, 02:48 PM
newsb

Default Winter Density lettuce seeds not germinating at all

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message . com
from "La puce" contains these words:
How can I give
evidence of your rude posts in return when they have been removed after
3 days? The link is no longer available,

Fortunately, it is.. I reposted it in full in the phormium thread,
and made sure it would get archived .
Nice try, bad luck.

Just to step in here -

I can vouch for LaP and the fact that she is neither a troll nor
unpleasant. However, she is French

Unfortunately, this does seem to result in more than the fair share of
misunderstandings in the two dimensional world of usenet posts

And, Helene - your newsreader is being a bit remiss in keeping correct
attributions. I presume you are using google or something similar? My
work has - for what its worth - long been settled on Outlook, etc.
(There are numerous advantages to it in the office situation - but
newsgroups is not one of them). However, I continue to use Turnpike for
news and personal mail. Can't you do that?

That said, whilst the attributions are not right - I think the level of
complaint is a bit unjustified. The single remaining attribution that
is left on LaP's posts might - at a quick glance - look as if it is
saying that one person wrote all of the post. However, it is pretty
clear that this is not the case once you notice that the different bits
of the post have different levels of indentation and line prefixes (and
maybe even colour) - and the attribution itself only matches one of
these.

So, a bit of all round backing off would seem sensible here, imo, of
course.

--
regards andyw