Old 21-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Nick Williamson

Default Slightly OT - Conservatories

Alison,

Like you, we're at the "thinking about it" stage. If you fancy a
laugh, get Portland Conservatories in to give you a quote. They came
to us last week, stayed the best part of three hours waffling on about
K glass, argon gas and how if there was a better conservatory company,
they'd be working for them instead. Having done that, they priced up a
6m x 3m conservatory @ 36.5K!!!

A lovely product, no doubt, but the bottom line is that no-one is
going to pay me 36.5k more for my house just because it has a
conservatory. I'll be looking elsewhere. Can anyone recommend a good,
cheaper-than-Portland company in Greater Manchester / Cheshire?

TIA
Nick