Old 20-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Do leaf blowers/vacs realy work?

Peter Stockdale wrote:
"davout" wrote in message
news
Doesn't leaving all the leaves on the lawn for an extended period
damage the grass?

Our lawn is sloped and the bottom half gets quite soggy in the

winter

Perhaps - but the idea is to get round with the mower every week
till the fall is over .
If you use it on a high setting, it will leave the lawn at a

suitable
winter height.

Sound counsel. But I do recognise the sogginess-by-the-stream
problem. For me, it could get too soggy to support the wheeled mower
properly. There, a sucker might have helped, though I don't know how
well they deal with wet leaves. The solution is probably a hover
mower with a grass box: two birds, and probably less hassle. (I also
think I'd feel a bit silly vacuum-cleaning a lawn! "My missis, y'know
my missis, well I won't say she's 'ouseproud, but she made me buy
extension lead so she could 'oover 't lawn!")

--
Mike.