Old 20-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Olive Tree

The message
from "Tracey" contains these words:

Hi All. I have a standard olive tree growing in a pot on our balcony
(south-facing & we are in N. Derbyshire) and am wondering what to do
as the
colder weather approaches - I would hate to lose it as it is doing so well.
Would it be best to bring inside or leave it outside but provide frost
protection or will it be ok just left as it is? If frost protection is
required how do I best go about this?

How cold does it get? (There's Derbyshire-in-a-hole, and
Derbyshire-on-a-lump, and I don't need to tell you that the lumpy bits
can be pretty chilly.)

Olive trees usually do better outside in the winter, and if it only gets
medium-cold I'd wrap the pot with something like bubble-wrap.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/