Old 20-10-2005, 10:21 PM
donald girod

Default lima beans

Every year we plant lima beans (which we love) and rarely do we get more
than a couple of meals worth. We have a short growing season (most
years June 1 - October 1, but this year 5/15-10/15)) and it is often not
too warm and pretty wet in the summer (but this year hot and dry).
Regardless, the limas do poorly. This year the plants flourished and
looked better than they ever have, often the seeds don't even germinate,
but they blossomed late and did not set properly. Other beans in
adjacent rows did great. We have always planted Fordhook.

Does anybody have any advice? I would kill (well, no not really) to be
able to grow lima beans successfully.