Old 20-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Adenium obesum as bonsai

In a message dated 10/20/2005 11:03:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Will this be a suitable plant for bonsai/accent plant? Does anyone has any
information on this plant as regards to pruning? I'm not finding a lot by
google.

--
katie
zone 6b

It depends upon what you think of as Bonsai. I have and Ao lying on its side
in a Bonsai pot. To me it resembles one of those carvings used by Chinese
doctors to diagnose ailments in women. Traditionally Chinese doctors were not
allowed to touch their women patients, so they carried a carved figure of a
reclining woman that could be used to "Show me where it hurts."

Pruning Adenium leaves scars.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++