Old 20-10-2005, 10:14 PM
compo

Default Jalapino Chillies

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:
The message . com
from "Amber" contains these words:

I have been told that you can keep the chilli plants from year to year.
Is this wrong?

You can, I have one from last year which survived some pretty severe
neglect.
I hope to have a few more next year.
--
Rusty

I successfully overwintered two chilli plants last season only to lose
them to a very cold Spring! this year I have taken some indoors at work
where the temperature rarely falls below about 75° in old money.
Hopefully this will see them through the winter and early spring before
going back out to the tunnel.

Oddly though, there was no sign of aphids on the plants until a few days
after taking them indoors. They then became infested almost overnight
whilst those still in the tunnel remained aphid free.

--
Cheers,
Compo - Caithness