Old 21-10-2005, 07:15 AM
tennis maynard

Default Heater questions

Bryan wrote:
Hello All:

Fall is here and it's time to start thinking of some heating for my enclosed
balcony where I have my orchids. I was pondering three options. Add a
baseboard heater, use a portable convection heater (not really sure what
these truly are), or a portable oil filled "radiator" electical heater. Out
of the three which is a more "gentler" heat. I am leaning more towards the
oil filled electrical heater.

Thanks

Depending on how large it is, how it's enclosed and how low your winter
temps get, the answer may be as simple as leaving the sliding or other
door to it form the hous open. My friend in Cleveland Ohio did this for
the seven years he had a 9x9 attached greenhouse on his 2nd story
balcony. Worked just fine.