Old 21-01-2003, 04:41 PM
sacha

Default Snowdrops

in article , JennyC at
wrote on 21/1/03 2:59 pm:

"cormaic" wrote in message
'Twas Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:53:37 GMT, when "Cavalier"
enriched all our lives with these worthy

thoughts:

Hi Group
If I pick some snowdrops will these plants flower next year?

Anyone know.

If you just pick the flower on its stem, then they'll flower
again next year, but snowdrops as cut flowers don't last very long
indoors. Best left where nature intended them to be - out there in

the
cold and damp. :~)
cormaic

You're right Tony, but they do bring a touch of Spring into the house.
It all depends how many you have in the garden......"~)

We had lunch with a friend yesterday who had one of those small square
'slab' vases with a tiny hole in the centre. She had 3 snowdrops and a few
leaves and they looked *sensational*!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk