Old 21-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default toad in greenhouse

The message
from contains these words:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:27:33 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

On a big-game (snail) hunt a couple of weeks ago I was shiing my torch
on some perpetual sweet peas and was surprised to see a very alert toad
sitting on the front room windowsill (outside!).

How do they eat slugs

No idea, they are rather private creatures, so I've never seen one
noshing a slug.

and how do they manage the shells on snails?

AFAIK they don't eat snails, BICBW

thought frogs were supposed to have long tongues to grab flies from
out of the air? Wouldn't you need some force to put against the slug
"glue" that holds them tightly to the leaf?

I wasn't implying that the toad and frog were hunting snails and slugs -
I was hunting snails, which come out much more at night than during the
day.

The toad may have been after insects which are attracted to the window,
though there wasn't any light showing from inside. I just wonder how he
knew, or how he found out.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/