Old 21-10-2005, 01:53 PM
La puce

Default New Member

Spider wrote:
Hi Compo and La Puce,
Yes, cats are great little helpers, and they *can* be trained to respect the
garden.
I have far fewer bulbs lost to squirrels since Cheetah and Panther have been
patrolling their territory. Other rodents are kept at bay, too, although
the other evening Cheetah brought me a live mouse. This morning I found the
tail and hind legs of a mouse in the kitchen .. delightful! Sadly, a bird
is occasionally killed, but most prey items are rodents.
I've also known cats capable of 'managing' dogs .. spit and claws usually
does it .. a great demonstration of who's boss. Oh well, best get back to
gardening or we'll be in trouble for hijacking this thread *and* going OT.

That is so sweetly put. It's so cozy in here. Perhaps too cozy ... But
I don't think we've been *that* bad. After all the thread is called
'new member'. Lets just say the welcome are really warm and long and
friendly )