Old 21-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default microrhiza

In article .com,
"La puce" writes:

| Understood. To go back to the first post, do you think it is wise to
| let it out commercially, in that case to someone who just want to grow
| better roses? It reminds me of the increasingly depletion of our peat
| bogs and the unsustainability of it.

It isn't exactly in limited supply :-)

Seriously, there is no real difference between mycorrhiza and
yeast; if the conditions are right, both will replicate madly;
if they are wrong, both will die off; and you can get as much
new material from thriving communities as you want.

It's primarily a damn-fool idea, a.k.a. a way of extracting
money from fools, as the appropriate selection of mycorrhiza
and techniques for getting it established are very tricky, and
not likely to work when done by amateurs (including professional
horticulturists).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.