Old 21-01-2003, 05:45 PM
sacha

Default Plants for an open porch.

in article , Sue & Bob Hobden at
wrote on 21/1/03 5:36 pm:

snip
From my original post I didn't make it clear that the raised beds are
inside the porch.

Interesting suggestions though, except for me Lavender smells of old ladies
but that's probably showing my age* and I don't much like the smell of
Rosemary either although granted, they are both nice plants.

Any more suggestions? Citrus plants was another thought but they grow too
big and have nasty thorns.

* an age when it seemed all old ladies used Lavender Water!

Certain kinds of old ladies' face powders do that for me. ;-) I thought the
porch might act as a sort of mini-greenhouse but suggestions do depend on
its width, of course. Wallflowers and tulips in spring would look lovely
and smell delicious, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk