Old 21-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Muvin Gruvin

Default Aeration

soil in my area is soooo poor aeration helps whenever it is done.
However, usually done early autumn or spring. Esp useful if you plan to
top dress with top soil and reseed. Its a little too late to reseed in
this region now so it will have to wait ill spring. The plugs removed
during aeration can remain whereever they lie. Of course, the lawns
looks like FiFi did her business all over the place. Eventually the
plugs break down.
A word of warning .....my neighbor rented an aerator being a "DO It
yourself DUDE"
the soil here is also very rocky.....the thing richoceted to his face
breaking all his front teeth in half. Cost for set of 4 caps $4,000
buckeroos.