Old 21-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

The message

Or, at least, are when used inappropriately. Which is where we
came in. I would have little hesitation using one to cut up
logs on a sawbench, but baulk at anything beyond that, as I am
not strong enough in the arms. Others might be safe cutting
trees down and up, standing on the ground, but not up ladders.
And so on. Using them as hedge- and brush-cutters is definitely
a dangerous use.

Have a look at

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/temp/elm.jpg

The bloke beyond the top of the ladder has a 36"-arm Pioneer up there...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/