Old 22-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Latest Frost on Record!

On 10/21/05 7:02 PM, in article ,
"Jenny" wrote:

Here in Western Mass, just south of the VT/NH border I am looking out at
a garden full of blooming dahlias, marigolds, impatiens, begonia, and
even a reblooming fancy shasta daisy that burst out in flowers this week.

It's two days after the latest frost date ever recorded and we have had
no frost. We may get a frost tonight--the weather reports are being
coy--but if we don't get one tonight, it could be another week until we
get one.

We had 14 inches of rain here last week, too. Ten on Saturday and 4 the
rest of the week. It left a bunch of people homeless and took out the
road I use to visit my mom in Keene.

The leaves are coming down right on schedule, but there was almost no
color this year because of the combination of rain and no frost.

Is frost late in your neck of the woods?
--Jenny

I had my first last night in southern NH; had to run the defroster this AM.
I cut all my daylily scapes and brought them in to see if I can coax the
last few buds to open.

Cheryl