Old 21-10-2005, 10:17 PM
La puce

Default toad in greenhouse

Larry Stoter wrote:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
snips ...

The toad may have been after insects which are attracted to the window,
though there wasn't any light showing from inside. I just wonder how he
knew, or how he found out.

I've always tended to view amphibians as rather limited in the neural
department. However, the more I watch frogs, toads and newts in my
garden, the more impressed I am.

stare

For a start, they definitely have a fairly well developed mental 'map'
of the garden. The 'know' where the pond and half-barrel are, the toads
apparently also 'know' where the compost bins are.

Don't you know?! They have a french nose off course shrug