Old 22-10-2005, 03:46 AM
WaltA

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:27:44 +0000, penance wrote:

WaltA Wrote:
I had to replace it with a much larger much more dangerous two-handed
Sthil:-(

Not at all, the larger the saw the safer,

I spy a small misunderstanding,
I meant that I was more dangerous with the bigger more powerful Sthil
because it meant that I could now tackle bigger trees (and some have
been really really big) without needing to call in "the man"

as it is less likely to kick
back if the wrong part of the bar is used,

I've never had a problem with kickback, even when hitting steel bands
buried in a conifer.

also 2 handed use helps to
reduce the chances.
Top handled saws are for a specific use and should stay that way.

Agreed. Not disputed. If you had said "specific user" then I would
have disputed. I used my danarm for specific uses

If we are going to ban the use of chainsaws by the incompetent
then I suggest that we should ban hedge trimmers as well, especially
the littler cheaper ones which your cheapskate average urban gardener
is probably going to buy, I mean, look at the damage those can do to
fingers; and to electric cables fed through windows and plugged into
non-rcb power sockets !!

Come to think on it, praps we should ban gardens for Mr/s J.Bull ?
Horribly hazardous !
Right, that's it, campaign in support of towerblocks with no opening
windows, nor balconies, for the proletariat !