Old 22-10-2005, 11:56 AM
penance penance is offline
Registered User

Location: Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:30:47 +0000, penance wrote:
WaltA Wrote:
I am self taught.

Then you are not competant (by industry standards).

I know !! That is why I could not replace my Danarm with a
chainsaw of my choice !
The regs were not in place when I bought the Danarm,

or maybe they were but my vendor didnt bother at that time ! ?
Do you know when the prohibition on top handled saws came in ?
From my bad memory i think it was around '97, just after i finished my training. Yes it was due to the EU legislation coming to the UK.

Quote:
I spy a small misunderstanding,
I meant that I was more dangerous with the bigger more powerful Sthil
because it meant that I could now tackle bigger trees (and some have
been really really big) without needing to call in "the man"
Sorry, i thought you meant the saw itself, not the job you might tackle with it.

When you say that you had a specific use for your top handled saw, was that using it from a rope an harness?
Carrot Cruncher.