Old 22-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Mark Thomas

Default Acer Palmatum help

Hi,

Can anyone off advice on looking after a potted Acer Palatum.

A bit of background
-------------------

Brought the tree earlier this year and its potted in a large metal pot
about 2.5 feet high by the same wide.

It was potted into peat free compost and has been located in directly
opposite an alley way which can be a bit of a wind tunnel.

Problem
-------
The last few months have shown an alarming rate of death of the leaves,
starting off as the tips dying (like wind burn - no surprise really
given it's locale) and now most of the leaves have fallen.

I assume most of this leaf loss is because it is deciduous - the rest of
the tree looks ok and there are buds all along the branches and they
look healthy.

We have moved the tree to a more sheltered spot and have been watering
regularly.

Is this tree going to be ok or have we killed it?

Thanks

Mark