Old 22-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Mark Thomas

Default Acer Palmatum help

If you've moved it to a more sheltered spot, you've give it a good chance.
There are two things they absolutely loathe, being in wind and too much
water........ Perhaps you should start reducing the water you are giving
it so that it reaches almost drying out point and do make sure that it is
draining well after each watering, whether by you or by nature. Raise the
pot a little off the ground so that water can drain out of holes in the
bottom.

Thanks for the reply!

I think when we potted it we haven't given it enough drainage.

If we were to remove the tree from the pot and refill with a more free
draining mix would this damage the tree, i.e. shock it too much?

I could also tip the pot and drill a lot more holes in the bottom of the
pot than there are currently.

Can you recommend a good feed for it?

Mark