Old 22-10-2005, 01:37 PM
TJ

Default Horsetail on Allotment

I've just taken over a very neglected, overgrown allotment. I've cleared it
of rubble, foam carpets, bricks, glass and plastic, and am now faced with
wet soil that's full of horsetail roots.

The horsetail plants have died back for the winter so it's too late to spray
with weedkiller, but I really want to get the plot dug over, build some
raised beds, gravel paths and whatnot ready for spring.

I'd really like to rototill it with a machine thingy, however, then I'd be
left with a zillion more horsetail plants from the chopped up roots. But
then perhaps I could go in with the weedkiller as they start to grow again
and get on top of them that way.

I don't know what to do. Where do I start?