Old 22-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Jenny

Default Latest Frost on Record!

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Be advised, any time the night is clear, the winds are calm and the
dewpoint is 32 or below, even when the predicted low is 40 degrees, you
might get frost in low-lying areas. The back end of my yard is slightly
lower than the surrounding properties and tends to frost. Absolutely
worry about frost when a chill day clears dramatically near sunset.

Everything made it through last night except for some of the blossoms on
the impatiens on the NW corner of the house. Looks like we might have
Halloween Dahlias after all. Most interesting, some very tall yellow
dahlias that only produced two or three flowers all season, have been
blooming their heads off for the past week. I counted 12 blossoms
yesterday!

OTOH, the thick-stemmed yellow cosmos I posted about a while back never
bloomed at all, so late blooming is not their problem. They're just some
kind of cosmos deadbeats. g.

Weird!

--Jenny

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Type 2 Diabetes info