Old 21-01-2003, 11:08 PM
sacha

Default Snowdrops

in article , JennyC at
wrote on 21/1/03 9:40 pm:

"sacha" wrote
JennyC at
wrote
"cormaic" wrote

"Cavalier" enriched all our lives with these

worthy
thoughts:

Hi Group
If I pick some snowdrops will these plants flower next year?
Anyone know.

If you just pick the flower on its stem, then they'll flower
again next year, but snowdrops as cut flowers don't last very

long
indoors. Best left where nature intended them to be - out there

in
the cold and damp. :~)
cormaic

You're right Tony, but they do bring a touch of Spring into the

house.
It all depends how many you have in the garden......"~)

We had lunch with a friend yesterday who had one of those small

square
'slab' vases with a tiny hole in the centre. She had 3 snowdrops

and a few
leaves and they looked *sensational*!
Sacha

Another 'recipe' for Instant Ikebana :~)
+ Take a large shallow dish
+ Add a piece of aesthetically worn driftwood
+ Put a few ( 3 or 5) snowdrops in a tiny container
+ Hide it with moss at the base of the driftwood

Jenny

Take one large flat

In Bristol, by any chance? ;-))

--