Old 22-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT again - Port (no storm)

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Thank you, Nick. It's my son's port which 'went missing' and has just been
re-discovered, lurking in a cupboard here. As it's his, I'd rather he did
any funny business or found someone to do it for him. It's over 30 years
old, so I think there should be quite some deposit. I've used those coffee
filter papers for decanting wine and port before now - never thought of
cotton wool, so thanks.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Sob!

Never do that to a decent port!

Stand it upright for a fortnight, then decant it, ever-so gently.

If you can arange a light under the bottle, you can see if the sediment
is moving, and if it is, when to stop pouring.

*THEN* yu can use the cotton-wool treatment.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/