Old 22-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Horsetail on Allotment

The message

In article ,
TJ wrote:
I've just taken over a very neglected, overgrown allotment. I've
cleared it
of rubble, foam carpets, bricks, glass and plastic, and am now faced with
wet soil that's full of horsetail roots.

Long after the human race has joined the dinosaurs, and new races of
gardeners have appeared, this will still be a FAQ. Horsetail has
been around for approximately 3 times as long as the mammals and is
showing no signs of going away.

No, but it's getting smaller all the time. In a few hundred million
years it might be so small that it'll be used to underplant bonsai...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/