Old 22-10-2005, 09:48 PM
presley

Default Off topic - five one thousandths of one percent

Well, you left off many thousands killed in other natural disasters.
Probably a thousand or so killed in Guatemala and Honduras during their
hurricane, as well as people killed in other earthquakes, mudslides,
volcanic eruptions, floods, forest fires and drought. However, your final
percentage is probably reasonably close.
"Mike" wrote in message
...of the world's population left us in the year now ending, due to acts
of
nature.

200k - Tsunami
1k - Katrina
79k - Kashmir

280,000 is what percent of 6,000,000,000?

280,000 = x6,000,000,000

28 = x600,000

28/600,000 = x600,000/600,000

x = .0000466

x = .00466

It's been 10 years since I've had a math course. Can anyone correct my
figuring?