Old 23-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Mark Thomas

Default Acer Palmatum help

anyone off advice on looking after a potted Acer Palatum.

First off - if you don't have to, don't grow it in a pot. They are not
easy to manage in pots though I can see why folks like to have 'em in
pots. If you can find a place to plant it with a bit of shelter and
some nice well drained acid soil with lots of humus it will be much
happier.

Well, mainly in a pot because this is a rented house and I really dont
want to get a tree established only to have to move it when we do - and
since we are going to be here for a few years it wouldnt be fair.

If this was our own house I would have put it in the ground

Mark