Old 23-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Alexeix Alexeix is offline
Registered User

Location: Berkshire, UK
Question Advice on new grape vines please

Hi,

Back in August, I planted a couple of grape vines (one white, one red), in containers, in a south-facing position.

They initially did quite well, but are now looking a bit sorry for themselves.
What can I do to make sure they survive the winter and prosper?

I don't have the option to winter them indoors, so should I put up a plastic cover, to stop the worst of the frost?

Is it too late in the season to give them feed?

I will post back with the grape varieties and details of the soil I used.

Any advice will be much appreciated!