Old 23-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Latest Frost on Record!

simy1 said:

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Be advised, any time the night is clear, the winds are calm and the
dewpoint is 32 or below, even when the predicted low is 40 degrees, you
might get frost in low-lying areas. The back end of my yard is slightly
lower than the surrounding properties and tends to frost. Absolutely
worry about frost when a chill day clears dramatically near sunset.
--

yet, still no frost. I already pulled the tomatoes except for one
yellow pear.

We lucked out. I woke up in the middle of the night and had
trouble going back to sleep. It clouded up for a while and I
noticed that the temperature actually went *up* after 2am...
even though the skies were clearing at sunset and the dewpoint
was 32.

I'm bringing in the squash and pumpkins today, I think. We pulled
the tomatoes a couple of weekends ago because they were starting
to look blighted (and the weather was nice enough still to make it
enjoyable).

(attributed to Don Marti)