Old 23-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Artichokes

WaltA wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:35:01 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
Have they attracted other people's pheasants, as John Seymour says
they do?

Sadly, that should be "said" :-(

That's very sad: we lost contact a few years ago, and I had wondered
every now and then...

Stray pheasants wander into my garden where I grow ja,
but I am sure it is coincidence

Am I missing a joke ? Where and why did he say that ?

They do lend themselves well to jokes.

The thing was, as I remember it anyhow, that at one stage he lived in
a cottage provided by the owner of the shoot...not quite nice to help
oneself to the strays! He then established it as a principle of life
to grow JAs and let them flower.

--
Mike.