Old 23-10-2005, 02:44 PM
WaltA

Default Artichokes

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:23:40 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
WaltA wrote:
Mike Lyle wrote:
Have they attracted other people's pheasants, as John Seymour says
they do?

Sadly, that should be "said" :-(

That's very sad: we lost contact a few years ago, and I had wondered
every now and then...

Nice obit./tribute here :
http://www.smallholder.co.uk/the_wes...S_PEOPLE6.html

if that wraps and you cant get it joined back up then go to
http://www.smallholder.co.uk/
on the left menu go to "People" then scroll down to the last item and
click on "Remembering John Seymour"

Stray pheasants wander into my garden where I grow ja,
but I am sure it is coincidence
Am I missing a joke ? Where and why did he say that ?
They do lend themselves well to jokes.

The thing was, as I remember it anyhow, that at one stage he lived in
a cottage provided by the owner of the shoot...not quite nice to help
oneself to the strays!

Oh I dunno ! I do but then, I own my place

He then established it as a principle of life
to grow JAs and let them flower.

Thanks.