Old 23-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Emrys Davies

Default Honey fungus?

"Jim" wrote in message
m...
Can any expert tell me if this is honey fungus?...
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/2023956

I can find no trace of the black bootlaces that I've read about.

If it is nasty - how can I stop it spreading?

Jim, Honey fungus is reputed to glow in the dark as per this article:

"Does Honey Fungus Glow in the dark?
Astonishingly yes it does!

Aristotle wrote about this
In medieval times they lit hay barns with clusters of rhizomorphs and
roots covered with rhizomorphs were considered to have medical power.
These were the original magic wands.
Soldiers in World War 1 put pieces of decaying wood on their helmets;
the glow helped them avoid comrades in nighttime trenches.
In World War 2 fire wardens covered timber stacks to prevent enemy
aircraft spotting them.
Keeping the wood moist (but not saturated) and at a temperature of
between 10 and 25 degrees C will maximise light output".

Regards,
Emrys Davies.