Old 23-10-2005, 06:42 PM
La puce

Default French apples

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Personally, I think tarte tatin is ghastly. But then I'm spoilt: my
mother molished the best apple pie in the world - well, after *HER*
mother's...

SHOCK HORROR!! Don't tell me. You've eaten your tarte tatin in a
Bernie's Grill restaurant. No. You've eaten it in a Little Chef. No, I
know. You've got them frozen from M&S!! Honestly ... I'll molish you a
good one if you're lucky.

They made it with Bramleys and short pastry - and did they know how to
make short pastry!

No comment.

It's not done with 'cooking apples'.

Quite. It's rather like making pastry from gram flour.

Buckweat ... I saw a recipe for crepes with buckweat flour.
Un-be-lei-va-ble.

And the
Normandie cider then? It's the bestest in the universe )

Nah - it's not bad,

Not bad?! Normandie as in France, not Massachuset!

but I've tasted far better in Somerset and Norfolk.
Better that is, than the examples of Cidre Normand that I've tried.

Do you like salad dressing as this 'mayonnaise' thing Ingerlish people
put on their salad? And do you like 'gravy' on your meat, that comes
outta a red round box? I'm serious btw.