Old 23-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Claire Petersky

Default What to do with fava beans?

"Steve Newport" wrote in message
Sorry, I'm a newbbie here whats caught my eye is this Zone 7 and Zone
8 business. Whats that about?

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html

http://www.growit.com/ZONES/

They are applicable to North America. Since you have a UK address, you can
see the European equivalents he
http://www.uk.gardenweb.com/forums/zones/hze.html.

I do not personally find these zones all that meaningful. If you are indeed
in the UK, you likely are located in the same zone as me, in the Seattle
area, which is the same zone as Dallas, Texas, a place with a completely
different climate. Like many other Western gardeners, I prefer the
Generalized Western Plantclimates zones ("Sunset Zones"). The Sunset Zones
are based on latitude, elevation, ocean vs. continental air mass influence,
and local terrain topology. You can see a map he
http://www.sunset.com/sunset/garden/...845218,00.html.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky