Old 24-10-2005, 01:16 AM

Default CF lamps

Tom Barr, who
will take ALL CFs that people are tossing that still work even if they
are a couple of years old! Of course you could relamp every year, but
why would you if they still do the job?
It's hard to get used to the idea of not relamping every 6-12 months.
That was one of the factors that swayed me to the CF side, relamping 4
T12's at $7-10/each twice a year was getting pretty expensive. The
fact they use 1/3 less electricity, well that was the icing on the
cake. Relamping every 6-12 months is good practice with T8s and T12s,
but NOT necessary with the setups from AH Supply. I am still getting
great plant growth, even light hungry plants do well. If you are
growing plants with lower light requirements, like Java Fern or Val,
then it's really not necessary.
Lilly

I'm still waiting for someone to send me their 6-12 month old CF
lamps:-(
Some are 4-5 years old, this seems about the max life for most, till
they burn out.

Normal output T-12, T-8's Triton claims 90% and until they burn out
also. T5 light systems have come down some in price also.

I use a combo of MH's HQI's and PC's but will likely use the T5's in
lower light set ups.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com