Old 24-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Lil' Dave

Default covering air condtioners

"Abbacus" wrote in message
just wondering if i should put a cover over my air conditioner for my
central air?
i have seen some people put the covers on, but someone told me the best
thing to do is just put a piece of wood over the top, and let the rest
breath?

whats your opinions?

AC compressor should be on some sort of poured slab. Slab should be thick
enough not to walk or crack. Compressor should be bolted to the slab in
some fashion connecting its frame to the slab. Slab should be far enough
away from the house to avoid rain and snow from the house roof. Avoid
putting any cover over it as the internals may deteriorate more quickly due
to contained moisture content.