Old 24-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

Default can you please id this plant/tree

Since Juniper are gymnosperms, they cannot have berries. Its a fleshy
receptacle. The same for Yew.

In the case of Bittersweet, they are not berries either but rather the
fleshy seed coat (sarcotesta) that is red colored.

"Aeon Aurora" wrote in message
Thank you. I had given up when my idea of it being a juniper berry was
found to be very very wrong! I need to purchase a good field guide so
the next time I'm walking through the woods and something intrigues my
fancy, it won't take me such a loooong time to figure out what it is.

--
"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote in
message ...

As is life, your plant is "bittersweet", Celastrus scandens.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Ce...earch+Ima ges

"Aeon Aurora" wrote in message
.. .
I made a post previously but I don't think it worked or posted properly.

http://www.geocities.com/aurora_glor...ht_vision.html

This plant/tree is driving me crazy because I don't know enough about
trees/plants to Id this.
AeonAurora