Old 24-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default stinky trees?

The message
from stltrees contains these words:

Travis Wrote:
stltrees wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am new to this site.I am glad I found it!

This is not a site it is a newsgroup.

AHHHHHH yeah I think it is a SITE what is a newsgroup? I found the SITE
through gardenbanter.com another webSITE

Gardenbanter provides a portal to usenet, where newsgroups live. You
don't see the whole group because gardenbanter moderates posts they
don't like.

Think of it like this, we're all at home watching TV, with satellite,
digital and a remote control which enables us to pick exactly what we
want to see. Gardenbanter members are like homeless people standing on
the street looking through a shop window at the TV program someone else
selected, you haven't got a remote to control your view and can't
actually hear the sound track. So you don't even know that Travis sings
all his posts in a wonderful baritone.

whats with the snip do you have
a problem or something?

editing replies so that you only reply to the other person's salient
point(s) is normal on usenet.

Janet