Old 25-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Travis

Default stinky trees?

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from stltrees contains
these
words:

Travis Wrote:
stltrees wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am new to this site.I am glad I found it!

This is not a site it is a newsgroup.

AHHHHHH yeah I think it is a SITE what is a newsgroup? I
found
the SITE through gardenbanter.com another webSITE

Gardenbanter provides a portal to usenet, where newsgroups
live.
You don't see the whole group because gardenbanter moderates
posts
they don't like.

Think of it like this, we're all at home watching TV, with
satellite, digital and a remote control which enables us to
pick
exactly what we want to see. Gardenbanter members are like
homeless
people standing on the street looking through a shop window at
the
TV program someone else selected, you haven't got a remote to
control your view and can't actually hear the sound track. So
you
don't even know that Travis sings all his posts in a wonderful
baritone.

whats with the snip do you have
a problem or something?

editing replies so that you only reply to the other person's
salient point(s) is normal on usenet.

Janet

I didn't know there were so many homeless people connected to the
internet. Must have one of those fancy web enabled cell phones.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5