Old 24-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Ray

Default stored water reportt

I went for a whole year without a single phal spike.....

Remember that I had over 600 gallons of water trapped. That's over 5000# to
hold heat, and SC is nice and sunny.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Ray wrote:
For what it's worth, I had a 14' x 14', double-layer poly GH when I lived
in SC. Each of the two benches consisted of bread trays on top of six
55-gallon steel drums that had been filled with water (and a bit of
antifreeze as a rust inhibitor) and painted flat black.

Keeping in mind that it's real sunny down there, even when it's cold,
there were times that the nighttime temp in the greenhouse wouldn't drop
below 68°F when it was in the upper teens or 20's outside.

I remember you saying that, which is why i commented that as far as i knew
you were the only person to have the 55 gallon drum idea work. and too
well, becasue you thought it delayed flowering in your orchids.