Old 24-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Mike Lyle

Default The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

TJ wrote:
wrote..
Does anyone know more detail about what happened to the daily BBC2
programme called "The Big Dig" about allotments?

I was also disappointed to discover that it's been taken off air.

As
you say, 3.30 isn't a great time for it to be on; evening would've
been better. I just got an allotment last week so I was really
looking forward to watching it and had decided to tackle the
mysteries of the vcr so that I could record it! Wasn't the

programme
only on for 1 week? Nowhere near enough time to attract a

following,
IMHO, particicularly as I don't even think it had been advertised.

We've noted before that the BBC can be funny about gardening. GW's
not bad, to be fair, and the Titchmarsh progs are good. But remember
their crass coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show. Note the current
idiotic venture with Diarmuid -- they didn't even get him to plan it
for his money.

--
Mike.