Old 24-10-2005, 11:22 PM
chris French

Default The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

In message .com,
writes
Does anyone know more detail about what happened to the daily BBC2
programme called "The Big Dig" about allotments?

What? You've never heard of it?

And that's the problem.....

I saw it mentioned in the BBC's gardening magazine this month. The
start of a daily 1-hour program about growing veg on allotments.
Sounded great. I'd already missed the first week or two apparently, but
I set the video today to catch it. But when I got home, I discovered
that the programme had been replaced, with no explanation anywhere on
the BBC website.

A bit of digging (ho ho) online revealed a small snippet from the Daily
Telegraph reporting that the programme had been taken off-air because
of "disappointing ratings".

Why were the ratings disappointing? Would it by any chance be because
the prog seems to have had no publicity? Would it be that 3:30pm on
weekdays isn't a great time in any case?

So anyway, I never did get to see the programme and I suppose I never
will now.

Did anyone else catch it during its brief existence?

I saw snippet.

According to a report in the paper (probably Grauniad) it is being
rescheduled at a more appropriate time. They did it seems have number
of complaints about the timing

--
Chris French