Old 25-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Mozie's Avatar
Mozie Mozie is offline
Registered User

Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozie
Thanks! I live in South Africa so apart from not having ready mixed soil like "Pro-Mix" at the nursery, our seasons are opposite to the northern hemisphere. We're at the end of spring going into summer at the moment. I visit nurseries regularly but have never seen asparagus crowns and none of my gardening friends have either (or the soil). I wanted to try something different so when I saw a packet of asparagus seeds I snapped them up. So, any help to get them growing would be appreciated! Can anyone help with the soil mixture? I'm thinking half peat moss and half regular potting soil? Am I right in saying the soil must always be damp?

Thanks again everyone
Mozie
Me again! Is there really noone out there that can help me with the soil composition to grow asparagus seeds? I'll just have to wingit then... Thanks anyway.