Old 25-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Norm Leonard

Default Tree recommendations please!

DM wrote:

We would like to plant a tree in the front garden of our three bed semi.

We would be grateful for suggestions for trees that fulfill the following
criteria:

1. It must be a tree that will not grow very tall.

2. It must have a crown that is not too dense, thus blocking light.

3. It must have foliage that changes colour through the seasons.

The garden faces due east, but in summer the sun would shine on the front of
the garden, where we will plant the tree, for most of the day.

Some variety of acer has been suggested.

What do others think?

Many thanks.

D. (a beginner)

Don't know where you live, but perhaps a flowering tree like a dogwood
or redbud would look nice.